- answer keys for the 1st 5 pages (double sided) of naming and formula writing package.
- answer keys for last 2 pages (1 double sided, 1 single sided) of naming and formula writing package.
- answer key for all the balancing equations W/S (#1 – #4, and double sided one with word equations)
- please let me know if there are any errors in the answer key. I pulled the answers from the teacher resource and found a few errors but may have missed some. (the resource guide is notorious for errors :))
- PhET simulation from the University of Colorado. Build an atom out of protons, neutrons, and electrons, and see how the element, charge, and mass change. Then play a game to test your ideas!
- Calculate the number of protons, neutrons or electrons in an atom based on information from the Periodic Table of Elements.
- practice with naming and formula writing for ionic (monovalent, multivalent, polyatomic) and covalent compounds.
- 11:08 min screencast by Bozeman Science on balancing equations
- PhET simulation from the University of Colorado. How do you know if a chemical equation is balanced? What can you change to balance an equation? Play a game to test your ideas!
- Practice balancing chemical equations by picking the correct coefficients.
- PhET simulation from the University of Colorado. Are all atoms of an element the same? How can you tell one isotope from another? Use the sim to learn about isotopes and how abundance relates to the average atomic mass of an element.
- 4:55 minute animated video showing 5 factors (In class we talked about 4 of them) that affect reaction rate and what conditions are required for reactions to occur.