Unit 4 – DNA, Protein Synthesis, Enzymes & Biotechnology
- 10:09 minute screencast on structure of DNA and steps for replication
- step through animation with interactive sections from college textbook “Essential Biochemistry”
- interactive image for types and roles of RNA from the University of Utah Health Sciences
- 3:48 minute NOVA video clip on transcription, translation, and the role of RNA
- 11:56 minute screencast on steps in protein synthesis
- practice with transcription and translation from the University of Utah Health Sciences
- A walk through protein synthesis from the University of Utah Health Sciences
- What are killer proteins and how are they transmitted from the University of Utah Health Sciences
- The Eterna project is a multiplayer online game where players design RNA molecules.
- 11:51 minute screencast on enzyme models and factors that affect functions
Biotechnology – The Tools of the Trade
- Below are the links for the 5 biotechnology activities. Some are flash based or require shockwave to work. On an iPad, use the Puffin app. Shockwave will not work on an iPad.